22.How many truths can you handle? Strategies and techniques for handling vagueness in data model, Data Modeling Zone 2019, Stuttgart, Germany, November 8th, 2019.
21.Mind the Semantic Gap: How “talking semantics” can help you perform better data science, Strata Data Conference New York 2019, New York, USA, September 25th, 2019.
20. Building Knowledge Graphs in the Real World, Panel at Connected Data London 2018, London, UK, November 7th, 2018 [Video]
18. Why I don’t care for your F1 score – Evaluating Knowledge Extraction Tools for Industry Use, Industry Talk at the 15th European Semantic Web Conference, Heraklion, Greece, June 7th, 2018
17. Executing Knowledge Graph Initiatives in Organizations – A Field Guide, Tutorial at the 15th European Semantic Web Conference, Heraklion, Greece, June 3rd, 2018
16. Ontology modeling in practice – Common pitfalls and how to avoid them, Open Lecture at Ionian University, Department of Informatics, Corfu, Greece, April 18th, 2018
15. Building, Applying and Evolving Knowledge Graphs in Organizations – Dimensions, Methods and Challenges, Talk at Data Innovation Summit 2018, March 22, Stockholm, Sweden.
14. Search Engines and Knowledge Graphs: It’s Complicated!, Talk at Search Engines Amsterdam Meetup, February 23, 2018, Amsterdam, The Netherlands..
13. Building, Deploying and Evolving a Large Knowledge Graph for the Recruitment Domain – Best Practices and Lessons Learned, Industry Talk at SEMANTiCS 2017, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, September 11-14, 2017.
11. Performing Named Entity Resolution in the Industry Lessons Learned and a Diagnostics Framework, Departmental Seminar, University of Aberdeen, Department of Computing, December 3rd 2014, Aberdeen, UK.
10. Developing Ontologies in the Industry – Experiences and Lessons Learned, Invited Student Lecture, University of Aberdeen, Department of Computing, November 25th 2014, Aberdeen, UK.
9. Performing Named Entity Resolution in Industrial Application Scenarios – Experiences and Lessons Learned, 10th International Conference on Semantic Systems, Leipzig, Germany, September 4th 2014.
8. Reusing Public Semantic Data: The Problem of Vagueness, Athens University of Economics & Business, Department of Informatics, May 7th, 2014.
7. Detecting, Analyzing and Representing Vagueness in Ontologies for Facilitating Reuse, University of Aberdeen, Department of Computing, April 1st, 2014. [Slides]
6. Goal-Driven Summarization of Semantic Datasets, Scottish Linked Data Workshop, March 25th 2014 , Aberdeen, UK.
5. Purposeful Reuse of Semantic Datasets via Goal-Driven Data Summarization, Scottish Linked Data Interest Group Workshop 2013, December 2nd 2013, Aberdeen, UK.
4. Towards Vagueness-Aware Semantic Data, Scottish Linked Data Workshop 2013, December 2nd 2013, Aberdeen, UK.
3. Scenario-Driven Semantic Entity Resolution Using Ontological Evidence, 2nd UK Ontology Network Workshop, April 11th 2013, Edinburgh, Scotland
2. Vagueness in Semantic Information Management – A Methodological Perspective, Seminar at University of Aberdeen, Department of Computing, April 9th, 2013. [Slides]
1. Enterprise Knowledge Management – The concept, the need and the practice, Seminar at Mediterranean College Athens, November 24th, 2010.